The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've never had the opportunity to have these little guys in your aquarium then you are missing out. I got 10 about a month ago and put them in my 29 gal tank, definitely my new favorit fish (out of those I've kept). Mine are constantly chasing and displaying their fins to each other.
I like them so much when I set up my 10 gal office tank I put 10 in there as well!
If you get a chance to get some of these guys do it, and at $.99 ea where I got mine you can't beat that!

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Not to mention they breed easy, are super tolerant of temperature, gladly eat anything you feed them, and have several absolutely beautiful variations (I have about a dozen of the longfins, I have to tell ya, these guys are INCREDIBLE).

You're 100% right about white clouds! They're my favorite fish ever :)

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Not to mention they breed easy, are super tolerant of temperature, gladly eat anything you feed them, and have several absolutely beautiful variations (I have about a dozen of the longfins, I have to tell ya, these guys are INCREDIBLE).

You're 100% right about white clouds! They're my favorite fish ever :)
How did I know you were going to say that?:icon_smil I have a few that I keep in an outdoor tub during the warmer months. Very pretty and very hardy fish.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Finding quality White Clouds seems to be getting harder to do (at least my area). I've had four for nearly a year and love them. Nice top water fish that adds a splash of color to the tank. Mine are just the regular old White Clouds but they are prime specimens. Was very picky in the ones I wanted. I've kept them from 72-80F with no problems, although they do prefer the colder water.

Too bad the LFS don't carry the longfin variety. Although I don't really want a top water fish for my 40g breeder, I'd certainly consider those for sure!

·
Registered
400 Posts
I am sooooooooooooo trying to get some for my tank......

Im torn between White Clouds and Pseudomugil Gertrudae.....

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Clouds have been a staple in my tanks for years.

Definitely one of my favorites, too.

Tommy

·
Registered
127 Posts
TAF's White clouds recived 2nd place in our Bowl Show, I'll need to look arround and see if I can find any pictures.... (My Glo Fish came in 1st place for the Danio/Minnow category)

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
A friend of mine used to raise and sale the long finned variety. He said the money he made really helped out when he went back to college. I just took a quick look on the web and LiveAquatia.com wants $7 each for them. Quantity discounts are available, though. http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=950

·
Registered
400 Posts
Picked up 9 White clouds at Petsmart for 99 cents apiece! one prolly wont make it tho..

They did have goldens for $3.99 each though....

I also picked up 7 brilliant rasboras for 42 cents apiece :O GOing to go back and get more tomrrow!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am running out of fish in my tank "neons" they keep dying because all of mine are getting too old had them for about two years now. I am thinking about throwing dwarf chiclids in there or something else I don't know what though.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
How did I know you were going to say that?:icon_smil I have a few that I keep in an outdoor tub during the warmer months. Very pretty and very hardy fish.
lol, I thought of the same thing when I saw the title... Jen is going to be ranting...

What where the average temps in your tub? you remember?

A friend of mine used to raise and sale the long finned variety. He said the money he made really helped out when he went back to college. I just took a quick look on the web and LiveAquatia.com wants $7 each for them. Quantity discounts are available, though. http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=950
Thats good to know! Maybe I should start raising them:hihi:

-Andrew

·
Registered
203 Posts
White clouds are nice fishes but I see a lot that seem to be a result of mass production. Some are just horrible looking, and i know the condition at the petshop are not the best but I see some in other petshop and they are so much nicer. The nice ones I see are more expensive, like $2.50 each.

Only thing I don't like about them are they are hogs, they eat most of the food before my cardinals ever gets a sniff.:tongue:

·
Registered
200 Posts
Can someone tell me more about the white clouds. I saw some pictures of em and I am pretty set to get them now. I just wana know ideal temp ranges, and ph, feeding habits too. I have two angels in my tank now will they all get along or no?

·
Registered
203 Posts
They are almost as hardy as goldfish, and you should be fine. They are from cooler waters but they can handle tropical temp waters also. If they can survive in an outdoor pond, they can survive in waters your angles are living in.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts