·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running 2 Red Sea CO2 Reactors in parallel or 1 Rhinox 2000 diffuser

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'd say the 2 reactors. since even with the diffuser the CO2 is absorbed passivly thru the water and what is not is wasted. the reactors claim somethign like 99% diffusion.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow I'm impressed with the poll so far. I for some reason was thinking more would vote for the Rhinox 2000 diffuser because I see so many people using them.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
alot of people use the diffuser's but they have them under filter intakes to further disperse it to the water collum. I have the inlets from my cannisters above my diffuser to suck up the bubbles and get them well chopped up and in the water collum.
So their filters are doing the real work. not so much the diffuser. actually in this setup the diffusor is more deco then anything else since you could pipe the co2 directly into the intake of the filter without any diffusor and get pretty much the same effect.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alot of people use the diffuser's but they have them under filter intakes to further disperse it to the water collum. I have the inlets from my cannisters above my diffuser to suck up the bubbles and get them well chopped up and in the water collum.
So their filters are doing the real work. not so much the diffuser. actually in this setup the diffusor is more deco then anything else since you could pipe the co2 directly into the intake of the filter without any diffusor and get pretty much the same effect.
Ahh that makes perfect sense. I'm not too interested in my CO2 being part of the DECO so I think running the two reactors will be best for me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've run one of those Red Sea 500s in my 15G and to be honest I wasn't too impressed. It just didn't seem like it was diffusing the CO2 very quickly and would occasionally just burp out undissolved gas when it got too big.

I'm runninga diffuser under the filter intake currently and I *think* I'm getting better results.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I think this would be be entitled, which is better: Diffuser or Reactor?
This is an old debate, although many seem to agree that the reactor dissolves 99%+ of the Co2, whereas the diffuser is a bit less. The difference is *HOW* the co2 is introduced to the plants: completely dissolved in water or in the form of fine mist bubbles. Many have reported the fine mist (diffusers) to be more favored by plants, as it is more easily accessible for photosynthesis. I'm currently using a Rhinox 5000 and am very happy with the results FWIW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts