Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stock

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently putting together a 60 gallon planted tank and am going to upgrade the spray bar for my eheim 2217. I have drawn up acouple quick sketches in autocad and would like your input. The tank dimensions are 48x15x17. I am changing the spray bar a bit to help with the pressure in the tank, i will have a ball valve at the bottom and a barb to connect the tube from the eheim to the diy spray bar. Figure c is 36 inches long. Figure b will be 48" long and the perpendicular spray bars will be 14" long. Figure a will be 24" long. The pvc will be painted black to help hide it in the back of the tank, dont mind the red in the pic i just didnt texture thoes holes so they can be viewed easier, all pvc pipe will be schedule 40 1/2". Which spray bar would you choose and why?

·
Registered
745 Posts
D. Vertical spraybar the height of the tank

Ive done A &C and if you use a canister filter with an inline CO2 reactor...a bubble pocket forms in the top of the spray bar which means you can only dissolve CO2 so far

with a vertical one, it does not happen and you can make the entire tank "swirl" for good flow and distribution with a well placed powerhead

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.