The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
Ya that's a beautiful carpet of HC.

Makes me want to try and grow one know!!

I wouldnt add anything!

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, thanks everyone. Guess I'll just leave it bare. I been told that my tank lacks that special "flow" that leads the eyes to a centre piece, thought maybe some rocks would do the trick.

I really appreciate all the nice comments!

Carpet was created with:
Flourite Black
Flourish + Iron + Excel
1.5 bps
KNo3, KH2PO4, K2SO4

Old picture with Pearling action:

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
...I been told that my tank lacks that special "flow" that leads the eyes to a centre piece...
Who ever told you that didn't pay attention in Drawing 101 :icon_roll

You have created that result in picture one by using the elevation on the Left and Right with the slopes/planting. My eye "flows" down the crease of the two slope straight to the heater.

This may help, while it shows an drawing exercise the rules of perspective are the same for our Aquascapes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=felys-u4nfk

You can direct the viewer's attention to were ever you like with hardscape or plants. In Aquascaping I feel that is easiest done with working from the interest point to the front of the tank.

·
Invert Warrior
3,886 Posts
I'm thinking a cool piece of driftwood turned upside down so the points are going into the substrate a little would create a cool 'centerpiece'.

But no. If I had a carpet so nice I would never touch the tank I'd be so nervous.

Plus it already looks amazing.

MABJ's iDevice used for this message :p

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Who ever told you that didn't pay attention in Drawing 101 :icon_roll

You have created that result in picture one by using the elevation on the Left and Right with the slopes/planting. My eye "flows" down the crease of the two slope straight to the heater.

This may help, while it shows an drawing exercise the rules of perspective are the same for our Aquascapes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=felys-u4nfk

You can direct the viewer's attention to were ever you like with hardscape or plants. In Aquascaping I feel that is easiest done with working from the interest point to the front of the tank.

Thanks for the link! Never knew about the rules of perspective, reminds me of photography class and the rules of thirds. I feel like I'm missing something in the background, I added these in the back but I'm starting to think they were label wrong. Any idea what they are?

Some of the leafs were purple on the bottom while light green on top.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.