The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not real familiar with brands or models of regulators to look for. so here are a few that I have found . Maybe someone could help me with a yay or nay.
1) Purity plus regulator by concoa about 45$
2)Air products E12-2440 60$ shipped
3)MA-957 loaded with 5lb tank 115$
4)VICTOR 150 LB150C-170 50$
40 Harbor freight also sells a Co2 reg. for 29$

Am I at all in the right direction? Does any of these jump out as a great deal?

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Here is a real nice one I'm thinking of getting my self soon
http://store.cyberweld.com/smco2re30sem.html
Decay/Rise - As pressure drops in the gas cylinder, regulator outlet pressure will automatically increase. This is known as decay/rise. Smith® Series 30 regulators are designed to minimize this effect resulting in reduced gas costs, reduced cylinder handling and improved accuracy.
This is a single stage regulator. I'd try and get a dual stage instead.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
can you explain why - Please
Decay/Rise - As pressure drops in the gas cylinder, regulator outlet pressure will automatically increase. This is known as decay/rise.
With really cheap single stage regulators the Decay/Rise can be so extreme that it results in what we call End of Tank Dump EOTD an uncontrolled large CO2 discharge that has occasionally resulted in gassing the fish to death. This is rare, but at the least you would have to keep a close eye on your bubble rate towards the end of your tank and possibly have to manually adjust as needed. A dual stage regulator doesn't have this issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.