The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60-P high tech, 45-P low tech
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That title was a mouthful but that's essentially my question.

I recently replied to a question asking how to use smaller lily pipes on hoses with a larger diameter and how to go about doing that. It got me wondering how I could do that with my existing Eheim double taps. Instead of using an independent hose adapter, I'd like the conversion to happen on the double tap so there's more functionality built in. I personally like my Eheim double taps, and was wondering if anyone can confirm if their 16/22 double taps can be combined with their 12/16's. From what I understand, their 9/12's can be interchanged/merged with their 12/16's, but not sure about going larger. Other than Eheim, are there other recommended brands that can do this besides white label Amazon options?

·
Registered
60-P high tech, 45-P low tech
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it looks like other than JBL, which isn't available in the states, there aren't many options for having a double taps with varied sizes on each end. AFA in California sells Shiruba brand taps, I may reach out to them to see if they are aware if they can be combined. Thanks for the replies!

In case anyone is following this, I did a crazy person thing and scaled the product images for the shiruba 12/16 double taps and compared the threaded connection points to the larger 16/22 double taps and I’m 95% sure they would be able to connect to each other. I also found that Delta brand ones flat out have a combined option 12/16 to 16/22 that they sell, so their sizes are also compatible.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I did some light searching for this as well. Might be cheaper and easier to just reduce separately from the disconnect. UNS has the 16/22 to 12/16 but I didn't see anything in other sizes or brands available in the US.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.