The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for something just to shoot the Co 2 bubbles across my tank obviousely looking for the least conspicuous with flow that won't uproot my plants. Post which powerhead you are using for this application & give pros & cons.
Particularly interested to hear about the eheim ball......Anybody ??

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The bubbles are fairly fine I really want to get em" across the tank before they surface.
I have multiple sources of Co2 going into the tank so I can sacrifice a little efficiency for asthetics....efficient & asthetic is what I'm looking for.
I did look @ a hydor nano Koralias in the LFS tonight as it happens & I liked the look of it. Also @ 240G PH it may do the trick I did not notice the mag mount on it, were there some older models w/out mag mount or did they all come through with that feature ??

·
Registered
423 Posts
How big is your tank?

Koralias have really high flow rates but the way the flow is produced more of a current than a concentrated stream that most powerheads produce. If I were you, check your LFS's return policy before buying it. You may end up wanting the next size up.

I believe all Koralias have always had a mag mount. It's actually kind of a combo. Part mag, part suction cup.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have a 120 gal w/2 2028's one has a Diy reactor @ the other end of the tank I have a diffuser infront of the pump outlet and 2 sweetwater airstones spaced thru the center of the tank. I have lots of Co2 going in but I wanted to slow it's rise 2 the surface by shooting it across the bottom of the tank. It does'nt have to shoot it from one end to the other becuse I have Co2 sources spaced across the tank. Had been looking @ the Koralias #1 @ 400GPH & the #2 @ 600GPH Also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts