The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Repens has shorter wider leaves, portovelho has longer narrower leaves. Rebens is probably better suited for a nano than portovelho.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Do either of these plants require high light and CO2?

I have low light and no CO2 - I've heard it grows in a variety of conditions and regardless ..its a slow grower. I love how it looks though!

·
Registered
255 Posts
If you see pictures of the plants that come from farms you'd know what he's talking about. The dang thing grows into a fairly sizeable bush and maybe 3' tall.
yes I know, pict I show before is in my DSM tank.
other staurogyne I put close to the window grows taller, even has a flower

do you ever see Staurogyne repens like this? these photo taken from my friend aquatic plants farm

·
Registered
50 Posts
Dubbing between these two Staurogyne species myself at the moment. I'll redo my 100G and was wondering which of these stays lower? I know 'porto velho' had bigger leaves but does either of those seems to be more growing up than the other or no difference? I'll put them both in but want to know which one I should put in front...

·
Registered
13,609 Posts
S. porto velho is larger and less compacted than repens, has a different color shade and spacing between leaves, internodal distances etc.

The cig hanging from his mouth is classic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.