The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting back into planted aquarium and fish-keeping after wandering away for about 2 years. Really need some advice on which site to get fish food, equipments, etc. I'm keeping Cory cats now. Will get back into breeding apistos and shrimps soon.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
169 Posts
we have a fine list of sponsors who provide excellent service and supplies. i buy most of my hardware from dr foster and smith although it really depends on what item your looking to buy.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I alternate my buying of equipment and supplies between Drs. Foster & Smith and Big Al's Online. Each has some things that the other doesn't.

·
Banned
1,241 Posts
Be careful with Petsolutions.com. I've two bad experiences with them.

Once I bought a solenoid that wasn't compatible with the CO2 tubing they sell. I figured that was something a buyer might like to know. Petsolutions wouldn't post my review of the product.

I also bought an item for my dog. It said measure your dog like "this" and then choose an appropriate size. I did as instructed and ordered a large. When it came, the the package said medium, the tag on the item said large, and the measurements on the item were for a medium. Total cost with shipping was $20, and they gave me $15 in credit. I wouldn't be so displeased with that if I was involved in making an error.

I do have some positive things to say about them. They helped me select some aquarium equipment over the phone. The guy I spoke to was knowledgeable and he was able to help me get all the plumbing pieces I needed from Lowe's to be ready for when my stuff came.

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
I second what Laura said. The Doctors have almost everything, but can be a bit pricey, and Big Al's has everything you need for lighting. GLA gets an A+ every time for specialized planted tank stuff. And the Swap n Shop here is the best place I've found for getting plants anywhere. Aqua Botanic is great for plants too. I've never ordered from Invertz Factory, but I've heard nothing but good reviews. Ken's Fish has excellent food at a really good price too.

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you're looking for plants, I highly recommend Aquabotanic.com. Unlike many other online plant sellers, they have no minimum purchase, great service and nice plants.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts