The Planted Tank Forum banner

which online sellers to avoid?

5772 10
I'm doing a resarch for tiger shrimp and I've found few Web stores, flipaquatics,alphaprobreeders,theshrimptank, prices vary, but which You recommend based on expierence?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Recommending only those that I have ordered shrimp from and will continue to use, I can only recommend bobstropicalplants and while he does usually have tiger shrimp for $3.50 he is out at the moment. I have only hear good things about theshrimptank but have never used them. I have use evilbay several times and it has been hit and miss, would not recommend it. Craigslist is probably a better source than evilbay and usually you can check out the tank they come from. Finally I've also ordered from plantedtank with good luck but not from anyone currently selling.

FYI, Just checked Bobs and he does have Super Tiger Shrimp in stock just not regular Tiger Shrimp. I think they were $4.50 but don't hold me to that.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Sorry, I don't have any pertinent info to add as I'm awaiting orders from 2 different sellers, but one particular thing drives me crazy about 99% of these online sellers...

Why does each one have to have a website showcasing 76 varieties of shrimp with quantities/pricing available, but only have "Cherry Culls" in stock?!?

I can do my own research on shrimp varieties, but hate wasting 20min clicking 75 links that lead to "sorry, we're out of stock... check back soon".

My apologies... just had to vent while on the topic :)

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
I recommend avoiding anyone who sells imported shrimp (specifically if you are buying Neos), unless you know for a fact that the people who sell them quarantine the new shrimp and treat them for any parasites prior to putting them up for sale. I don't know if Lup Diesel of Flip Aquatics quarantines his imports, but Rachel O'Leary does.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.