The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

the pic and title say it all. Which do you think would fit the tank best, i plant to have an amazon scape with a nice stump and some plants. the substrate will be a bottom layer of eco complete cover with a layer of tahitian moon sand.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was leaning towards 42, i don't think their would be enough room for both 35 and 42 but i would agree that they would look great in opposite corners. idk i could always buy both and if they fit great but if not i can always save it for a larger aquarium down the road.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks like i will be ordering both 35 and 42 for the tank. the guys giving me a discount for ordering both, this will also help with shipping costs.

as for where to get the wood i will be ordering it from here. cant wait, the tanks going to look great with either pieces once its up and running. now all i have to do is cut the center support on the tank and replace it with acrylic piece once these pieces get here.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
and some new stuff arrived today some in the mail some pick up.
Here is the wood placed in the new tank, not the 36 bow im going to end up selling that one just got this 60 gallon today.
60 gallon specs: 48.5x15x17

R-42

R-35 ( i can either leave it like this or trim the long front leg so i can turn it so its angled toward the front of the tank)

so whats your guys thought on R-35 piece of manzanita trim it or leave it facing from the side of the tank.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
this is what i was thinking about doing.

so instead of the piece of wood being centered on the left side of the tank it would be rotated towards the back and set at an angle but as you can see from the pics one of the long legs would need to be trimmed down just a bit in order to rotate the piece of wood.

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
After you get the substrate in are you going to let the taller one stick out of the tank? I think they look good uncut and with plants added the cuts will make very little difference in the direction they are facing, there are going to be great hiding places for something!

The look better all natural without any cuts. This would be a good time to start soaking them, while the tank is empty.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
leave it uncut it is then. as for both pieces ill probably put some small tube caves under them, they both lean back a ways and these should help them a bit. as for the substrate ill put a small bit down first then place the wood back down then put the substrate around the wood to make it look like their roots in the ground. the main reason i got these pieces is it would give a lot of hiding places for different fish while giving the tank a good look.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.