The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i need help deciding which lily pipes i should go with on my 75gal now that i have 2 eheim 2217 filters, i need to know which inlet pipe or pumpkin/ball you prefer, and which outlet lily or poppy you prefer and what it benefits thanks in advance.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends on what you are keeping. Only use the poppy glass if you want little to no flow.
so the lily pipe will give a lot more flow? also have you used or know someone using a pumpkin inlet? i am curious how well they work for plants to be around them vs a regular pipe inlet that the plant can stick to causing flow blockage

·
Registered
30 Posts
so the lily pipe will give a lot more flow? also have you used or know someone using a pumpkin inlet? i am curious how well they work for plants to be around them vs a regular pipe inlet that the plant can stick to causing flow blockage

There are, I believe, 3 different glasses.

Lily Pipes
Violet Pipes
Poppy Pipes

Lily - strong outlet
Violet - Stronger as it produces a current like out stream (High water flow if you like that type of outlet, violet over lily any day!)
Poppy - Moderate to low current (For fishes that require or like LOW water current like bettas and killifishes)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.