The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi Folks,

My Rena XP3 is pumping along fine on my 84g tank. It is a little noisy though. Cleaning it doesn't help. So I'm thinking about committing it to backup duty and moving to an Eheim one of these days after selling some stuff on eBay.

Question is, what is the difference between the Eheims - Ecco, Pro, Pro II, Pro III, Pro IIIe. I don;t see much difference between the "pro" models. Are the electronics in the 3e useful? Are II and III mostly the same ?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
I've been blasted (hurt somebodies feelings :icon_cry:)for talking bad about the Pro II 2028 as compared to the Pro 3e 2078. I have one of each on matching 75g tanks and clean the 2028 2:1 trying to keep up with the flow on a 3e. Hands down the 3e is far and beyond my favorite of the two. More flow and being adjustable on flow rate I love it as far as canisters go. Expensive but worth the money (IMO). If I set up another tank and don't use a sump I'll buy another Pro 3e.
I can't hear either one of them sitting right in front of the tanks.

·
Registered
414 Posts
The quietest canister Eheim makes are the classic series. I cannot hear them at all, I have to put my hand on them just to tell they are running. I also have an Ecco 2236 which is certainly audible from about 2 feet. If you are looking for absolute silence I would get one or two 2217s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts