The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tank size would be 40 gal breeder. I only want to look at Eheim canisters and am looking for opinions on the few models listed below, setting aside for now the $$$. I am primarily interested in ease of use, including self-priming and media options, as well as ability to use a pre-filter if there are fry in the tank. And of course, the filtering ability itself.

Here's what I am trying to sort through:

Ultra G 90
Pro III E 2074 or 2076
2073 or 2075 - are these similar to the 2074/2076 without the electronics?
2215 or 2217

I'm leaning toward either the 2074/2076 or 2073/2075 at the moment and would love to hear from anyone who has actually used these.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I recently purchased a 2217, it has great power and solid filtration ability/options. However, I bought it because it was supposed to be nearly silent and that just isn't the case. There is always an audible hum @ 2-3 meters. It has however become more silent with time.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Eheim 2217 definitely. Had a 2075 with baskets, the intake and spraybar are the ones that you normally see as eheim installation kits. The flow is controlled by a lever for adjustment. It is quite heavy when filled with water. I sold the 2075 because it was sitting around and did not want to set up another tank. They all come with media and the only time you have to replace anything is probably the filter floss which is inexpensive.

·
Registered
357 Posts
2217 all the way

I used to manage a retail outlet that sold eheims for years and years. the returns i got on ANY of the electronic models made me nearly stop selling them. the classics are reliable (some in the shop ran for 5 years +)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.