The Planted Tank Forum banner

Which Combination sounds right?

522 11
Hey. I am about to stock a 20g rimless low tech planted tank. I have set up my two fish stocking plans and I need help on which one to go with for space, possible overstock and variety purposes
Option 1. 4 panda Cory’s 10-12 neon tetra and a ram or trio of peacock gugeons

option 2. 4 panda Cory’s 8 neon tetra, 4 endlers livebearers and a ram
Which sounds like the more appropriate option? Also here is the tank setup currently

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would suggest a larger school of corydoras (6-8) as they seem to thrive in larger groups, and adjust your upper water column inhabitants accordingly. Maybe 6-8 endlers and a single peacock gudgeon/ram? How ever you want to do the math... more corydoras!
Appreciate the feedback, I might do 8 tetra and a ram then

· Registered
800 Posts
I'd do a trio of the gudgeons plus the cories & 10 neon tetras. Neons prefer cooler temps like the pandas. Endlers like it a little warmer.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd do a trio of the gudgeons plus the cories & 10 neon tetras. Neons prefer cooler temps like the pandas. Endlers like it a little warmer.
Thank you!

You think 3 gudgeons is okay. I keep reading that they like to be in bigger groups? But I also heard a make and two females is okay!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts