The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
It may depend on what sort and size of discount you might get but those look like some pretty high starting prices. It has been my experience that getting an inside scoop on some things is not what we might first expect. Grainger is my choice for some things that I can't get other places and I do get a break on price. But the problem often gets down to my being able to buy the same item at places who deal straight to the end user rather than selling to service people who pass the price on to their customers.
Bottom line in my view is that you might be able to get the same quality reg at a beer brewers place for less money.
Weird but do some checking before buying. I may be wrong for your situation but those prices look high for single stage regs.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I must say that they are very expensive due to the industrial use for them, but i can check the wholesale prices and if they are within reason then ill pull the gun. If its only a small discount then i see no reason why to bother with it when i can get one with solenoid for the same price.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
you can get better prices for single stage regulators by buying kegging regulators. should only be 50 ish shipped.
but if you can get it cheaper then by all means go for it. I'm only seeing single stage welding regulators.

·
Super Moderator
12,126 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.