The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

72W of T5 lights over a 58cm height 90L aquarium. Sera floredepot capped with sand. Will use EI method for fertilisers and pressurized CO2. I am considered a beginer since for so many years I have not succeded is creating a stanning planted aquarium. What carpet plant will ensure greater success?

1. Glossostigma - need to order from petstore so expensive
2. Hemianthus Cuba - need to order from pet store so expensive
4. Lilaeopsis brasiliensis - have it in pet store so its cheaper
5. Eleocharis Parvula - need to order online

Your thoughts for a beginer carpeting plant?

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
do what you like !!!!!! its that simple. yet that complicated. the only way to succeed is to try different things and READ.. i read something new on here almsot every other day..
things that don't even apply to my tank at most times but i store away in the recesses of my brain for future occurances.
c02 and light are the hardest things to master.. ferts are easy. if u can dose EI. then u need to balance light and c02 and u'll do fantastic.. less light, more c02 is an easy guide to follow until u get an idea of where thigns belong :)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just dont want one more failure added to my palmare :) the easiest and cheapest for me to reach is Lilaeopsis brasiliensis. However I want the easiest to care for so I can maximase the possibility of success...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess I will eliminate Lilaeopsis brasiliensis since I have read it is very slow growing which will take really long time to cover the tank.
Now I am left with 3 choices.....I really like the look of Lilaeopsis brasiliensis though! Anyone grown this plant before to give me his/her advice?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
The amount of light you have determines how fast a plant will grow. I think that, with the light you have, and as long as you have plenty of CO2, it should have a fairly fast growth rate.

If you are worried about cost, you could buy from the Swap 'N Shop here. You could probably get all four plants and try them at the same time. Then, if you decide you don't like some of them, you could get rid of them here, too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've had great success with HC and hairgrass. It really depends on what you're looking for in terms of aesthetics. I personally don't like the look of glosso, but that's just me. Everyone's tanks are different so different plants will behave differently.

I'd say experiment and see which one you like best :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.