The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,

I looked throughout the forum to seel if there was already a collective place that lists which plants can/will live submerged.

for my own self-interest I'm setting up a new tank (newbie) and enquiring about:

1. Baby Tears (which will probably grow to the top of the tank)
2. Anubias
3. Anacharis
4. Water Fern

although I'd like an answer for these four, I think this could be a good place to answer other's questions.

if this topic has been covered elsewhere, please post a link to it,

Thanks!

Todd

·
Registered
46 Posts
Riccia fluitans is one floating plant which can live submerged if u tie it down to some weight.

What do u mean by baby tears growing to the top of the tank? Baby tears is a carpet plant which is easily uprooted and will float up but won't survive long

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
824 Posts
All of those plants will live happily submerged. Take a look at the "Plant profiles" part of this website for info on alot of plants.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Riccia fluitans is one floating plant which can live submerged if u tie it down to some weight.

What do u mean by baby tears growing to the top of the tank? Baby tears is a carpet plant which is easily uprooted and will float up but won't survive long

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
sorry, the "baby tears" I have is Micranthemum umbrosum

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
All of those plants will live happily submerged. Take a look at the "Plant profiles" part of this website for info on alot of plants.
sorry, I didn't see the "Plant Profiles" link at the top of the page, I just tried searching through the General Discussion forum.

But the "plant Profiles" area is pretty tough for a newbie to find someting

Todd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts