The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please tell me which calcium to dose with, Calcium Chloride, Calcium Nitrate, Calcium Sulfate?

I already have these: CSM+B Plantex, KH2PO4,
KNO3, K2SO4

thank you for the advise always.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes I do us GH booster too, with 50% water change with 1 tsp of GH Booster from my 55gal.
3wpg for 8 hours aday, pressurize co2, ph around 6.8, temp 82F

Well the anubias are turning light greet to pale yellow with green veins, I've been dosing Seachem Iron 3times week too.

any suggestion? I don't know what my water parameter is right now exactly

what do you think might be the problem?

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
There really is no need for additional calcium if you are already dosing GH booster, I would imagine.

If you want to dose calcium however, I would dose it via calcium sulfate and not the nitrate nor the chloride.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
Yes I do us GH booster too, with 50% water change with 1 tsp of GH Booster from my 55gal.
3wpg for 8 hours aday, pressurize co2, ph around 6.8, temp 82F

Well the anubias are turning light greet to pale yellow with green veins, I've been dosing Seachem Iron 3times week too.

any suggestion? I don't know what my water parameter is right now exactly

what do you think might be the problem?
you should list all of your dosing and how much. How much CO2 are you adding? Also are other plants having issues?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only the anubias are having problems, all the others are growing nicely. Im dosing 6ml of NPK 3x a week, 6ml micros 3x a week. Both are from Pfertz, I also Dose 2 cap full of Seachem Iron 3x a week (same days with Micros-Pfertz). As for Co2 Im doing total of 5 bubbles per sec. 4 bubble goes to a Rex Grig's style reactor, and 1 bubble goes to a ceramic diffuser. I check the water about once a week, the color is slightly yellow green so Im guessing its about 6.8ph.

According to another member, El Monte,CA's water is pretty hard too if that helps.
here is a picture of the tank.

hope the link below works for a picture of my tank.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/general-planted-tank-discussion/96572-water-softener-question.html

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what makes you think that it would be a calcium deficiency? the first thing that came to mind for me would be iron or magnesium. but i wouldnt expect to see it in an anubias first though since it grows so slow.
hum, I don't think its Iron because I made the effort of dosing more. It may be Magnessium because base on the link below it saids that without Magnessium, Iron cannot be properly absorb.
And according to the link below, yellow leaves with green vein is actually Iron or Magnessium.

http://www.csd.net/~cgadd/aqua/art_plant_nutrient.htm

Can I get magessium from local stores?

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
i'm not too sure how much magnesium you're dosing with your gh booster or whats coming in your tap water, but i wouldnt dose more than a half teaspoon. are you using ro water? what is your gh?

i know that its showing signs of deficiency but like mr green said, it could just be that plant. Fe deficiencies would prob be more noticeable in faster growing plants as opposed to your anubias.

this site should help you out a ton! http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/fertilator.php

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.