The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Well Rotala macrandra narrow leaf is grown in this country under the name Rotala magenta, and is quite common and inexpensive

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I believe the Rotala Macandra SP from Japan and the Rotala sp belem are just now showing up. At least that's what I see. I'm not sure which is more rare.

·
Aroid Addict
3,493 Posts
I've never heard of Rotala sp. from Belem before. Be aware that if you're getting plants shipped from overseas, the shipper needs to get a phytosanitary certificate to make it legal to ship. And they aint cheap.

Are you bringing them in from an importer or something?

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've never heard of Rotala sp. from Belem before. Be aware that if you're getting plants shipped from overseas, the shipper needs to get a phytosanitary certificate to make it legal to ship. And they aint cheap.

Are you bringing them in from an importer or something?
I haven't place the order yet for the same reason. I getting all the information about it as far as regulation and all of that.

To be hones, I'm not going to do it because is to much trouble. He told me that he has shipped before to the US as "aquarium decor".

Thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I haven't place the order yet for the same reason. I getting all the information about it as far as regulation and all of that.

To be hones, I'm not going to do it because is to much trouble. He told me that he has shipped before to the US as "aquarium decor".

Thanks!
Which may mean he is looking to circumvent the phytosanitary certificate. This means if your package was chosen for a search, it would be seized and destroyed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts