The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SCAPEr
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whats the difference between cube garden and cube glass?
edit, btw whats the difference between ada and do!aqua?

just the brand or there is a difference on the glass/ strength?

like ADA cube garden 45-p is $87 and out of stock, but do!aqua cube glass 45 is $60 and in stock

making me think do!aqua is less reliable / desperate?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Do!Aqua uses normal glass, greenish blue tint while Cube garden uses low iron high clarity glass, whitish tint. I would go with cube garden personally I prefer the white glass and it is very clear. Since you live in CA you should check out Aqua Forest Aquarium in San Francisco they are an ADA branch, that way you could save on shipping and see for yourself the difference.

http://www.adana-usa.com/

·
SCAPEr
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do!Aqua uses normal glass, greenish blue tint while Cube garden uses low iron high clarity glass, whitish tint. I would go with cube garden personally I prefer the white glass and it is very clear. Since you live in CA you should check out Aqua Forest Aquarium in San Francisco they are an ADA branch, that way you could save on shipping and see for yourself the difference.

http://www.adana-usa.com/
~.~ 442.7 Miles, 7 Hours 18 Mins from my house...

only been to Golden Gate Bridge once in my life time.

San Fransisco it is.

(if I did this right, It would cost me $111 on gas back and forth)
assuming total miles 885.4mi, 30MPG car, $3.70 Gasoline

man I need to get a job.

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts
There are probably stores in socal that sell ADA products.

Do! Aqua is ADA's budget line, they use standard glass on the tanks. ADA uses low-iron starphire (or something equivalent) glass. On small tanks, it's not noticeable, you'd only notice if you have the 2 right next to each other. The standard glass has a greenish tint on it but again, only really noticeable on larger tanks with 1/2 thick glass

ADA upgraded their cube garden line to the low iron glass a few years ago, (they used to use standard float glass too.) They continued to make standard glass tanks but under the do!aqua brand.

Other than the type of glass there is not much difference, the silicone work on both is still impeccable and both are very reliable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.