The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, Pretty new to the forum, and i have my first planted tank up and running, only one thing, no plants!

that's where my questions comes in.

1. Are there some particular plants that i should go for, being a newbie and such?
2. Is it easier getting getting some plants from your local pet/aquarium store? (in my case petco or petsmart) Or is there a reliable website you can order from?

Anyhelp would be awesome.:bounce:

·
Super Moderator
11,991 Posts
You can always go with low light requiring plants such as Cryptocoryne sp., Java Fern, Java Moss, Anubias spp., etc.

Most of these plants should be obtainable from your LFS; however, if buying from Petco or Petsmart, I would advise you to be careful that you are not sold a non-aquatic plant.

·
Registered
21,012 Posts
It is always a great idea to look for a package of plants on the swap n shop forum here. You will likely get better quality plants, at a better price, with a lower shipping cost if you do that. Often people will have so many excess plants they just give them away for the cost of shipping, called RAOK (random act of kindness). You can even put in an "ad" asking for a package of starter plants.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts