The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I am wanting to rearrange my 20 gallon tank but I don't have any other place to put my 8 neon tetra, 8 black neon tetra, 5 ghost shrimp and a betta other than the 20 gallon tank they are in. What do you suggest I do to rearrange my tank?

Thanks

Teck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no need for an aerator because I run DIY co2 making an aerator a contradiction to having the co2. I dont want to buy one just to put my fish in for about 3-4 hours.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I have no need for an aerator because I run DIY co2 making an aerator a contradiction to having the co2. I dont want to buy one just to put my fish in for about 3-4 hours.

Got sidetracked to add to my previous post, sorry, you can get a battery powered air pump for less than $10. I bought 2 prior to Hurricane Sandy and it helped keeping my tank alive when our power was out for 3 days. However, it's good to keep in your tool kit in case you need it like your situation or something else.

As an alternative, you can place them in plastic totes and run your filter(s) with it.

·
Pixel Prestidigitator
4,340 Posts
If you don't dilly dally and work you can just leave them in a bucket. All by themselves. Or a cooler. Or really any container that holds water. Personally I'd save as much water as you can out of the 20 along with the filter material so you avoid a major cycle.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
If it is going to take longer, you could run the filter on the bucket instead of an airstone. if it's a HOB, just hang it on the bucket/container/whatever, if it's a cannister, just stick the tubes in (cover the intake with a sponge/net/etc.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts