The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I get mixed snails? I am looking for Ramshorn, Pond, MTS and Mystery snails.

I need prolific breeders for one tank and ornamental snails that get over 1 inch for the other.

I am having trouble finding snails other than aquabid.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did that once and they told me they were free, Bagged them up then tried to charge me for them ...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are suppose to be a food source ... Thats the point :) I want something thats a bit hard to catch. I do know ... I will NOT do MTS again ... Those are AWFUL ... I had to Nuke a tank because of them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Peabody's paradise has mystery snails. Beware tho I started with a few eggs on a plant and now there are hundreds. I have smush snail days 3 or 4 times a week and 2 assassin snails still there are hundreds. 1 is pretty big tho he's about an inch and good looking. My lace cat loves them but he's in the spare tank and the snails are in the main tank.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know I have never had mysteries breed, Removing mystery eggs is VERY easy though as they lay long groups of eggs above the water level.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.