The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Memphis, TN and have been looking for substrate for my 125. I did find some on www.aquariumplants.com but 70.00 for shipping is just too much. Any one know where I can get this locally or with cheaper shipping. I called the place today and they don't ship via FedEx. I would like to use FedEx since I am an employee and get a great discount on shipping. I would like to do a sand/soil mix as a substrate on the whole tank.

Jerry

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Try one of the suppliers of turface or soilmaster select. Turface Pro League (different brand than Soilmaster Select) is reported to be inert and if you can find the gray color it looks great in a tank. Soilmaster tends to greatly lower the pH and KH etc, but plants love it. Suppliers for little league and city parks dept usually have pallets of it for sale, and its way cheap. Especially if you can pick up a 50 lb bag or two depending upon the tank size. You would probably need around 80 plus lbs of the Turface Pro League. Its only drawback is it is very light weight. But if you want to see a great 120 gallon four foot tank with it, check out this link by one of the planted tanks moderators, Bill Harada...
http://www.bharada.com/aquaria_120.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.