The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am in Sacramento and in driving distance of San Fran, but my car is not huge. I was hoping to get a 100g which i think will not fit in my car. I cant drive to LA to get one as it probly wont fit.

I think Starphire glass tank is the way to go for me. Where/how can I get one? Shipping is possible but expensive. Either close or far, how can I get a starphire tank?

thanks!

Planteater

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Leemar in SoCal makes nice tanks. They built my now sold 175 starphire reef. As far as getting it, depending on what the manufacturer charges for crating for a common carrier I think delivery would be cheaper than renting and fuel for a 1,000 mile round trip.

SteveU

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I'll just add that IMO Starphire for a planted tank isn't a big deal. I know I was happy with mine for SW but the color temp of the lighting on FW makes the difference minor.

SteveU

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. mileage charges are huge on rentals at uhaul. but renting an SUV from a car rental might work.

So starphire doesnt matter in FW? I wonder how many agree?

I myself have no way to know.

I do see a difference between my reg glass tank and my acrylic, with the glass being a little distorted yet also clear, vs. a very old acrylic with not much visible scratches yet seems unclear somehow.

how do people feel about the look of glass vs acrylic for planted tanks? And is starphire really overkill for FW?

thanks!!

Planteater

1 - 7 of 7 Posts