The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys brand new to the forum. I have never bought dry ferts before and always used seachem. However I was told not to buy seachem phosphorus and nitrogen because dry ferts would be much cheaper. I need to know what to look for and where to buy them? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
There are dosing regimens for both low and high tech tanks. Low tech tanks need MUCH less fertilizing. It is also dependent on your lighting.

Ben

·
Registered
975 Posts
Co2 and nutrients (fertilizer) are two different things. I think you need to do some reading on the subject. Simplified its this: plants need light, carbon, and nutrients (macro, nitrate-phosphate-potassium, and micro, iron-and many others). The more light you have the more carbon and fertilizer you need. These all need to be in a balance of the three.

The hard part is finding the balance for your tank. Read the stickies in the lighting section and fertilizers and water parameters section. My preferred fertilizing method is EI (estimated index) which has many different ways to do it based on plant mass in the aquarium, lighting levels and carbon input.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Hey guys brand new to the forum. I have never bought dry ferts before and always used seachem. However I was told not to buy seachem phosphorus and nitrogen because dry ferts would be much cheaper. I need to know what to look for and where to buy them? Thanks!
yep I get my ferts from Nilocg as well. He will answer your questions quickly if you PM him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.