The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have all of my components for my co2 system I just can't find anywhere to get it filled in savannah Georgia!! Will the welding supply shops that fill the big tanks be able to fill mine? Bass proshops doesnt do it Walmart doesn't do it even the local paintball field doesn't do it. They only do compressed air. Any ideas? I'm at a loss

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Talked to a paintball company owner where I get my tank refilled and he mentioned that almost all paintball facilities have switched to compressed air for pricing reasons or something. Mentioned that it would eventually cost around double the price of compressed air for CO2 refills. Also mentioned that most places are opting out of CO2 refills like they used to (i.e. Dick's, Walmart, outdoorsy stores, etc). Fire extinguisher refill place as well as a welding place can do it, but I'm not 100% sure that they'd have the correct fittings to do so...might want to call in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Talked to a paintball company owner where I get my tank refilled and he mentioned that almost all paintball facilities have switched to compressed air for pricing reasons or something. Mentioned that it would eventually cost around double the price of compressed air for CO2 refills. Also mentioned that most places are opting out of CO2 refills like they used to (i.e. Dick's, Walmart, outdoorsy stores, etc). Fire extinguisher refill place as well as a welding place can do it, but I'm not 100% sure that they'd have the correct fittings to do so...might want to call in advance.
Any place in the U.S. that has compressed CO2 will have the appropriate fittings as the CO2 tanks all share the same universal fitting size across the nation, I'm pretty sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.