The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Good luck- those are like unicorns stateside. I've only seen them available from questionable internet sources in Europe and Asia. If you find a place let me know- I'd love a couple as well.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Never heard of this critter before. I did some searches at the usual odd ball locations (e b ay, etsy, aquabid) came up empty. Sorry I couldn't help more. My only advice is to join some facebook groups and ask there for hobbyists that might be breeding them. Sometimes you find people who have a thing but arent really sellers, but are willing to sell if someone is specifically looking. /shrug

·
Super Moderator
16,945 Posts
Y'all have been members long enough to know vendor reviews aren't permitted. Tsk tsk. Wink wink. Nudge nudge. (See what I'm doing here???) But I'm leaving this thread intact because that joint truly IS as terrible as people say, @MrGoodkat. Maybe worse than people say.

Thiara cancellata, though, are tough to find in the US because they just don't ship well. I've only ever seen misidentified Nerites at the usual importers. Not too common among planted tankers because they burrow into substrate and sadly don't tend to live very long in captivity.

Someone here used to have some in the early 2010s - if I remember correctly, so it may be worth searching the forum. Because they may have details about sourcing.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Y'all have been members long enough to know vendor reviews aren't permitted. Tsk tsk. Wink wink. Nudge nudge. (See what I'm doing here???) But I'm leaving this thread intact because that joint truly IS as terrible as people say, @MrGoodkat. Maybe worse than people say.

Thiara cancellata, though, are tough to find in the US because they just don't ship well. I've only ever seen misidentified Nerites at the usual importers. Not too common among planted tankers because they burrow into substrate and sadly don't tend to live very long in captivity.

Someone here used to have some in the early 2010s - if I remember correctly, so it may be worth searching the forum. Because they may have details about sourcing.
So sorry for the faux pas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.