The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im thinking about doing a co2 setup in a 20gal long. Where are you guys in the triangle getting your co2 from? I live in Butner so the closer the better. Names and phone numbers of businesses and prices would help me out a lot. Thanks.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I think you'll have to do a bit of your own leg work. Google will help also. Look for Airgas, home brewing, or welding supply stores. Google came up with this list in Durham.

2314 Chapel Hill RdDurham, NC 27707
(919) 544-8251

2810 S Miami BlvdDurham, NC 27703
(919) 544-8250

4822 Industry LnDurham, NC 27713
(919) 544-3772

630 United DrDurham, NC 27713
(919) 544-3773

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Any of you know a place by now that can refills (not swap) CO2 tanks and for a good price? I live in Wake Forest and don't bother driving few miles, got 3 CO2 SS tanks waiting to be refilled :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Any of you know a place by now that can refills (not swap) CO2 tanks and for a good price? I live in Wake Forest and don't bother driving few miles, got 3 CO2 SS tanks waiting to be refilled :)
Give Arc3 gases a call. I know they do exchanges, but may fill what you have too. They are on the south side of Raleigh.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Give Arc3 gases a call. I know they do exchanges, but may fill what you have too. They are on the south side of Raleigh.

Ok, will give them a call and see if they can do refill... I have an empty new 20lb aluminum cylinder and just can’t do a swap for now unless they can exchange it with a new cylinder as well...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Just want to share... I went to Roberts Oxygen, Raleigh branch, and they charge CO2 (exchange only) cheaper compare to other gas stores I checked around my area... For a 10lb cylinder, which by the way I had called in the other day for them to get it for me as they don't usually carry it, they only charge $22 + tax (total is $23.XX I believe) out the door, that's it, no other fees added (like Hazard fee) which other gas company, AirGas, charges... I also asked for a 20lb and it will be only $28.XX + tax...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.