The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I do mean large, At least 8 gallons..
I can find lots of vases and the like that are 8 gallons or bigger, But I want a round bowl... The bigger the better. Anyone know of a place to get one? Online maybe? I see them in peoples videos on the internet and on forums...

·
Registered
529 Posts
Do you have a hobby store around you, where you would find silk flower arrangements, sewing items, etc.? We have what's called "Michaels" and "Hobby Lobby" here in Indiana, and often find items like that. Not sure if as large as 8 gallons, but it wouldn't surprise me.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you have a hobby store around you, where you would find silk flower arrangements, sewing items, etc.? We have what's called "Michaels" and "Hobby Lobby" here in Indiana, and often find items like that. Not sure if as large as 8 gallons, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Yah.. Ive tried those places.. The closest I came is a 5 gallon that I'm currently using as a betta container.
I'll keep checking because stock changes. I was just hoping someone randomly knew where to get really large fishbowls..

·
I ♥ BBA!
12,768 Posts
Do you all have a glass blowing store? We have one, used to have two local to use. If you had money, they often make custom glassware.

Or try something like this: http://www.specialtybottle.com/search.aspx?find=8+gallons

Often times, they can custom make them, but I am not sure if you'll find anything to that specification pre-fab. The largest I've seen was 5 gallons at a hobby store.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you all have a glass blowing store? We have one, used to have two local to use. If you had money, they often make custom glassware.

Or try something like this: http://www.specialtybottle.com/search.aspx?find=8+gallons

Often times, they can custom make them, but I am not sure if you'll find anything to that specification pre-fab. The largest I've seen was 5 gallons at a hobby store.
Theres a couple glass blowers around here...
That I know of.. Most of them... They specialize in something other than normal glassware, and I dont know how well a bowl would come out... There is this one guy i remember made fantastic vases and such... But hes located in Laguna Beach.. which emans he sprobably overpriced..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.