The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got one with a kit, but it was very, very cheap plastic and It just fell apart at one of the nipples while I was installing some tubing.

So now I need a replacement asap. None of my closeby shops seem to sell the replacement part, I would have to drive 1.5 hours one way just to get this one thing.

If I gotta order it online, then I gotta, but anywhere else I might get one? I checked my local hydro shop and they were confused by my request.

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
I have only found them at stores that are basically dedicated to planted tanks. Even some of the stores that have a large variety of plants and carry ADA stuff don't carry these, in my area. I am betting the one I bought was no different from the ones you get on ebay but it wasn't marked up too bad and I didn't have to wait forever in shipping.

If you don't need one on your regulator and just want an inline one, that's an easy DIY. Just take an oral syringe and take the plunger out. I also cut the bottom off where there are two tabs, just for cosmetic reasons. Then just find a check valve that is similar sized. You can likely just push it in to create a seal, I used a bit of heat to make sure it wouldn't come apart. Fill with water or mineral oil. About $5 total and doesn't look bad at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.