The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i figured out how to make a drop checker (a tiny one) but i need some 4 dkh .. where do i get it?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I got my glass drop checker with 4dkh fluid on eBay for cheap. Try there I know they sell the fluid by itself.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does anyone know what the smallest drop checker is?

Fat Guy I would make it but I don't have a scale that accurate, nor KH tester...

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
does anyone know what the smallest drop checker is?

Fat Guy I would make it but I don't have a scale that accurate, nor KH tester...
you don't need a kh tester. you don't even need a scale if you search online for different ways of measuring sodium bicarbonate to make a 4dkh solution....

or just pay somebody to ship you water with baking soda added to it. If you go this route, i suggest you check out green leaf aquarium for the purchase. they are very reliable. I would stay away from ebay on this one.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
took me a minute.. but i get it... i'll get distilled h2o after xmas... :smile:

um... yea.. and how do i SLOW DOWN a yeast DIY mix... just dilute? i may have gassed some of my newborns :confused1:

today i just went by looks.. if the plants had lots of respiration going on all good if they stopped added a bit co2 ...

my tap water drop tester (more to see if it changed color and would work with kdh4) changed color after a while to sort of match... so i think what i made will work (now that i ordered one after gassing some shrimpies :icon_frow:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just got my kh test kit... and guess what? out of the tap i have 5 dkh so not bad... I did order 4dkh

1 - 9 of 9 Posts