The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where could I find styrafoam boxes used for shipping fish and inverts? Just the small ones that would fit one or two small breather bags. Is it something that most people just buy at the PO?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I don't know where I read it, but someone suggested that veterinary clinics get vaccines in them and throw out dozens of boxes all of the time.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
I don't know where I read it, but someone suggested that veterinary clinics get vaccines in them and throw out dozens of boxes all of the time.
It was probly on APC, Also try local med school's I've read. Have yet to try it yet...

-Andrew

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you live near a major university, check with the biology/biochem/cell bio etc. department. We go through hundreds of perfect-sized styrofoam boxes every week. They are used to ship enzymes.

Good luck!

·
Registered
946 Posts
All medical offices, groceries with pharmacy and local fish store/pet store. They usually throw it all the time. Just ask nicely.

-Brian

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll see what I can do. Thanks for the advice. I may see if I can aquire some styrafoam sheets and just cut it to line the inside of boxes. I could probably get a few boxes from the LFS, since I used to work there. I'll check it out. Thanks.
-Ryan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts