The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where have you guys found the mesh used for keeping Riccia and Java moss down? I've checked a few local craft stores and no one has anything even remotely close to what I need. I'm considering going to the local Home Depot, but most of them just have like 4'x6' sheets which is WAY more than I need.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Are you talking about the plastic craft mesh or the stainless steel mesh? You can find the plastic mesh just about anywhere. I got mine from Hobby Lobby. The stainless steel mesh I'm not sure about. I know you can buy it from other forum members on here - check the SnS.

Or are you talking about the mesh to attach it to rocks or driftwood? Hairnets will work for that, or you can buy one of those bath scrunchies girls use and take it apart. You'll get tons...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you talking about the plastic craft mesh or the stainless steel mesh? You can find the plastic mesh just about anywhere. I got mine from Hobby Lobby. The stainless steel mesh I'm not sure about. I know you can buy it from other forum members on here - check the SnS.

Or are you talking about the mesh to attach it to rocks or driftwood? Hairnets will work for that, or you can buy one of those bath scrunchies girls use and take it apart. You'll get tons...
I was thinking the plastic mesh because I'm just paranoid about putting any kind of metal in my tank even if it's stainless steel. I'll check next time I'm out that way.

·
Registered
518 Posts
+1 on shower scrungy too. get black or green. be sure it is new and not used. soap residue will kill fishies. rinse it before you add it to tank. but just unravel it and it works great! i use it on small stones to make moss rocks.

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
I really like the hairnets. Once stretched over a rock the individual strands separate enough to make them almost invisible from day one. They also usually come in brown and black to match rock color. You can also tie them at the bottom of the rock without using anything else but the hairnet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.