The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Sometimes Ace Hardware can fill them depending on the tank size. I had a hell of a time in my area filling a 10lb tank. I did not want to exchange it as mine was a brand new aluminum tank. I fould a fire-extinguisher place near my work that will fill mine.

·
Registered
602 Posts
dont take it to a paintball place they overcharge plus i don't think they have the adaptors to fill 5 or 10 lb canisters take it to a welding supply place. I take mine to T.W. Smith in brooklyn religiously, mainly cuz its only 4 blocks form my place.
However there is a welding supply place on west 52nd and 12 ave that i used to fill tanks at when i lived in the area i think they are called McKinney Welding supply. great place in the city. There used to be a TW smith in the city too however i think they closed down

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dont take it to a paintball place they overcharge plus i don't think they have the adaptors to fill 5 or 10 lb canisters take it to a welding supply place. I take mine to T.W. Smith in brooklyn religiously, mainly cuz its only 4 blocks form my place.
However there is a welding supply place on west 52nd and 12 ave that i used to fill tanks at when i lived in the area i think they are called McKinney Welding supply. great place in the city. There used to be a TW smith in the city too however i think they closed down

Thanks. I guess I will use TW Smith too. Does it matter if my tank is a paintball CO2 tank, 20oz, versus your regular CO2 tank?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, I have been using Stingray Paintball by the BQE to fill up my CO2 tank. Not bad. Is a pain to get there during weekdays with traffics. Yesterday I paid an emergency visit there because my on/off valve was leaking. Possibility the O ring needed to be replaced. Silly me, I bought another tank from them as a backup. Well, this morning, I discovered the tank I bought is currently leaking CO2...by the fail/safe knob next to the opening. I can understand that a small leak like that won't matter for a paintball player. They could have used up all the CO2 before the leak becomes an issue.

See if I can return it and getting credits for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.