The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know what stores would sell these locally (USA)?
I'm finding 10" ones, but I'm looking for a 20" tall housing.

I already checked Lowes, Home Depot, Harbor Freight, Walmart and didn't find one.

I know I can get them online, but needing for a quick build so I'm willing to pay more to get one locally.

Quick side question, do PVC/nylon threads seal tight enough against brass threads to create a water (and gas) tight seal? (Example: Male nylon threaded into female brass threads OR male brass threaded into female PVC threads)

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
See if there is a company that sells/deals with water softening systems or products near you. I got my 20" filter housing and filter insert from Clearwater Systems near me for my incoming water supply.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
I got mine at home depo, maybe ask for where they have them. The problem was the inlet/outlet is too restrictive. Anyone have links to a good one on Amazon?

Bump: Maybe this:
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reverse-osmosis-canisters.html

·
Registered
945 Posts
I used a 10" for my reactors no problem, if that's what you are looking for. On a 90g and a 65g, no issues getting co2 to the aquariums.
Those are readily available at HD. The 20" not sure where, sorry.
I have PVC to brass with no issues either.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone.
Still didn't manage to find a 20" housing (plenty of 10"s though). Heard quite a few people say 10"s (even Griggs style) were too small for larger tanks/high flow rates (causing too much undissolved co2 bubbles exiting the reactor into the tank).

So I just decided to make a Rex Grigg's style co2 reactor instead (TIP: Lowes had much better PVC fitting options and were cheaper than Home Depot!).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.