The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best place to buy 34" T5ho bulbs?
I recently got an x4 fixture and all the bulbs need to be replaced.

I was looking at aquariumspecialty.com but when you add in shipping and their extra $10 per bulb packaging, that gets expensive.

Where do most of you buy your bulbs?

I am looking at getting probably 2 6500/6700 bulbs and 2 pink bulbs.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
926 Posts
At a petstore i would pay 18-20 per 48"t5no bulb, say 40 for both. went to kens fish.com and spent about 30 even with shipping included. plus I ordered some root tabs and other goodies at a great savings. kens might not be the cheapest but some online retailer certainly is!

·
Plant Clown
4,735 Posts
Somebody linked this page a few weeks ago. I haven't ordered anything myself, but it looks like you can get them at less than $10 per bulb.

The site is organized very poorly, so you'll have to click on "flourescents" and go through the long list. A 3' bulb is not incredibly popular, so there aren't a whole lot of choices. But they should be 39 Watts, so you can use CTRL-F for "3 feet", "36 inches", "39 watts", etc.

http://www.payless-4-lighting.com/

·
Registered
257 Posts
home depot sells 4 ft T5HO bulbs. At least around here they do. I think the ones I've seem are a "warm" color temp.
Yep.. Warm color... They don't have any 6500k t5 at Home Depot. At least where I live. Only t5 6500k was a 48" t5 grow kit light. 80 something bux. They are however carrying t5ho fixtures now in limited sizes, no replacement bulbs yet and no daylight t5s at all. Current as of 12/23/2012 in my local store in CT.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.