The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a regulator off of ebay. It is a Draught Technologies, now I need to buy the fittings and needle valve. Does anybody know where I can buy this stuff in the DC or Baltimore area?

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Would you want to order your parts from SuMo, Rex Grigg or Oregon Aqua Design?

Here is another option. Several of us have found some deals on metering valves and solenoids. Then the assembly parts can be found from a plumbing supply store, hardware store, Lowe's, Home Depot, etc.

Also, you can order your parts from Swagelok, Clippard, etc.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Left C is definitely right on. I dont know about the Fabco's, but im pretty sure any of the swagelok valves are going to be CRAZY expensive if bought in a store. With a little bit of searching and patience good deals can be found on ebay for metering/needle valves. While i was searching on ebay for metering valves, i had a pretty constant rotation of swagelok's in my watchlist. Some i just never bid on, and some i lost the auction by $.50 or so, but they seem to be in the $15-$20 range alot. I have put together a pretty high end pressurized co2 unit, and i have bought most of my stuff at a substantially reduced price just by bargain shopping and being patient.

·
Super Moderator
12,008 Posts
As Left C mentioned, your best bet is to either order the needle valve and fittings from the aforementioned online store, or, buy through eBay. There are a bunch of great deals to be had (Left C picked up a Swagelok metering valve for $0.99!) if you are patient and bargain hunt.

The assembly parts (adapters, nipples, etc) can usually be found at a hardware store.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I think you all are right. Swagloks are kind of expensive on their website. I guess I'll pick up a brass barb and connecting hardware at Lowes or HD and use my Red Sea Needle Valve until I find a deal on Ebay.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts