The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Until looking around this site I didn't even realize how many different types of shrimp you can get!! Out of all the LFS near me I have never seen anything but ghost shrimp and once 3 amanos being sold as ghosts which I bought of course. That was like three years ago and one of the amanos is still alive in my 29 gal. low tech less than glorious attempt at a planted tank. The only place I have seen shrimp for sale is at Absolutely Fish and they are redic expensive! Do any of you hobbyists sell your shrimp? I would really like to get some more amanos and those Cherrys are gorgeous! Where to do you all buy your shrimp from?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think that you will find that your best way to purchase shrimp are from other members in here. There are a lot of breeders in here, so just keep checking.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Yeah, get a group of 10 or so and as long as they're reasonably happy and have plenty of places to hide from potential predators in the tank you'll never have to buy another shrimp :hihi: .

I happened to be by my tank the other morning when the lights came on and the Blyxa and lilaeopsis were covered with shrimp! Really made the phrase I'd seen used describing them as "aquatic roaches" (not in a bad way, just very tough and prolific) come home to me!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help everyone! I have gotten some responses already. I'm def going to try and buy some shrimp from people on here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts