The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some lower cost shrimp- not crystal reds too much $$$
I am looking at tigers, amano, green maybe bee or snowball.

Anyone know where to get themand about how much they run??

I am thinking about raising a different kind than cherries-love em!!:biggrin:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think he meant that as an example since mr green used cherries as a price point. Unfortuneately there really haven't been any posting for other shrimp. I missed Milalics crays. I almost always buy from the swap N shop.
I have cherries and I have no intention of getting rid of them but I like them too much and now I want something new:hihi:

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have a 30 long with a decent population of N. zhangjiajiensis (wild color snowball shrimp) coming along. I'm waiting for the current batch of juvies to start breeding before I start listing them f/s. They're variable in color, some are brown, some are transparent like ghost shrimp, some have red stripes/markings, and some are solid-colored. A few of the females are red, but different shades than cherry shrimp. They also seem to be more active swimmers. I got the first few late last year, and it was a couple months more before they started breeding. I currently have at least 5 berried females, and probably 50-60 juvies from the first broods. They appear to carry more eggs than female cherry shrimp, and the young seem to grow faster as well.
I'll post some pics when I get some good ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.