The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
there are only 2 people i get oebt from and one wont be selling any untill the spring. and when it comes to shirmp you truly do get what you pay for. so going cheep is not a good idea you will either get small shrimp that will take 6-8 months or sick shrimp. dont skimp on the quality. and the pic in that auction you posted is a general one if you search images on google so i would deff ask for a lot more pics before thinking about gettin from that guy

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Seems I see more and more people selling oebts that are clearish looking than actual blue. :( Does this have to do with environment?
I believe so, I have some from Speedie in a tank that has been ignored and they turned different colour (some got very light blue, some got darker, one even got purple, it's my fault as I have ignored that tank, not the source). They were all very nice/even blue for at least a month or so after I got them. Environment and age definitely play some roles.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Poor nutrition usually is the cause of OEBT discoloration, (Assuming it was deep blue as an adult)

I believe it is one of the trace minerals that they add to the food that account for the blue coloration, but I forget what.

Other causes could be pH is too low, OEBT like a slightly higher pH than other Card. shrimp.

Might also be stress from ammonia or temperature.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Poor nutrition usually is the cause of OEBT discoloration, (Assuming it was deep blue as an adult)

I believe it is one of the trace minerals that they add to the food that account for the blue coloration, but I forget what.

Other causes could be pH is too low, OEBT like a slightly higher pH than other Card. shrimp.

Might also be stress from ammonia or temperature.
I assume you mean Caridina and nor Cardinal. Anyways, OEBT like neutral water while Bees like slight acidic (6-6.8?) water.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.