The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the local stores don't sell live plants.
Where do you suggest online? Any of the ebay stores or anywhere elese that have good plants?

Thanks

·
Plant Clown
4,729 Posts
Check the Swap n Shop forum here. If you don't see what you're looking for, start a WTB (Want To Buy) thread. Plants from here will generally be higher quality and will arrive more quickly than from an online store.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check the Swap n Shop forum here. If you don't see what you're looking for, start a WTB (Want To Buy) thread. Plants from here will generally be higher quality and will arrive more quickly than from an online store.

Cool thanks I will check it out.

·
Registered
237 Posts
all from the forum here
swap and shop section
purchased 30 vallisneria americana

PLANTS ON ORDER
Starougyne repens
dwarf sag
Java Moss
Pennywort
water sprite
taiwan moss
Cryptocoryne wendtii 'bronze'
rotala Colorata

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
well whoever is local is welcome to p/u my trimmings :)
i live within 2 miles from franklin mills mall to put things into prospective.
i can post a pic of my tank so you can c what i have later.
yea east brunswick is not far at all.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
I always start here, sure I might save a little $$$. I'd still rather support the membership of the board .

Then there's the Karma of it, if you stay in the hobby for any lenght of thime, you are going to have stuff to sell too. :wink:

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
SNS is the best, people have things cheaper then most websites and most sellers.

extraplant.us is overpriced. You're paying double the price for plants from Florida Aquatic.
I investigated and found that the owner of the site isn't even living in America, he is in Europe.

Stay in the hobby and in the country. At least go to aquabid and talk to the big plant sellers. You'll get any plant you want from Florida Aquatic. Also, there is bobstropicalplants.com with good prices on virtually everything. I've gotten shrimps and snails from him previously.

I've heard decent things about aquariumplants.com, but I have my own sources for plants. Always do your research and make sure you're not getting cheated. Why pay double the price for something?

-Gordon

The owner of the company isn't even living in this country.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts