The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm setting up a 125g for the first time tomorrow on a homemade stand. I've read to place styrofoam or some kind of padding on the stand to rest the aquarium on. Where can I buy this and what is it called? I checked menards and all I found was big 3/4" sheets of polytherune? Styrofoam? It was for house insulation. Is this the right stuff? Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Under my 27 gallon, I have foam mats that people put in their garage for an exercise room or something similar. I picked mine up at Home Depot, they sell them in small packs or, if a pack is open the single squares. There was a variety of colors and they can be put together (the edges are like puzzle pieces) if you need a wider area.

Good luck!

·
Registered
11,721 Posts
I use the insulation sort of Styrofoam, but about 1/2" thick. 2' x 4' sheets. I get it at Home Depot. I think other sorts of mats would work, too. I have seen some mats in a place that specializes in automotive accessories for trailers and tool boxes for work trucks. Not very thick, but resilient, and black. Probably nicer looking than the white styro sticking out from under a tank.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts