The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to find a good place to buy a larger certerpiece type of driftwood for a 55g tank.

I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Aquariumplants.com has some, but not a whole lot that is centerpiece size, most aren't more then about 12-18".

There is APetHouse seller on Ebay that has some decent looking big pieces, not sure if the prices are reasonable or not (nothing good to compare to mostly), and not sure what sort of quality to expect.
Anyone have any experience with buying from them?

Or any other suggestions of where to buy from?

(not sure if this should have gone in aquascaping or not)

·
Registered
139 Posts
i may have what your looking for....

if you dont find a piece of driftwood you like on swap n shop i may have what your looking for i have about 35 pieces about a dozen that wood be great for large centerpieces in tanks 55g & up. hadnt gotten around to taking pics yet. would be happy to try and help you out if i can. (there are many small to medium pcs for accent pcs or centerpieces in smaller tanks as well)

·
Premium Member
2,466 Posts
Driftwood Resource

I'm trying to find a good place to buy a larger certerpiece type of driftwood for a 55g
I would recommend a friend who lives in Prescott, AZ and a TPT member (screen name - badcopnofishtank). I have bought driftwood from him - he sells worldwide.

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/members/badcopnofishtank.html

He is also a member of our local club (Arizona Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts) and his screen name is - CenterpieceAquatics.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't buy it, find it!

That's my motto anyway... ;)
I thought about that, but it doesn't seem to be a practical choice here. Right where I live the only trees are ones people planted, they don't make a lot of driftwood. Where I usually go camping is almost always pines, some quakes and thats about it. The trees by the river tend to be either elm or cottonwood, and while I think elms are ok, I think cottonwoods don't hold up to the water. So it would probably take me a lot of looking to find something. That and about 6 months so everything isn't covered in snow and ice.

I send a message to badcopnofishtank earlier today. If I would have started this a bit earlier I would have had my brother pick some stuff up, because he is living in Phoenix (AJ actually) and he is coming up for Christmas. Unfortunately he'll be heading up tomorrow so not enough time to get him to pick something up for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Plenty of driftwood for 55 gal tank

Been supplying local and out of state artist for several years. Finally decided after recent Hurricane to make a go at it full time. Never seen so much wood in 15 full-time years as a waterman. Just put www.obxdriftwood.com on line earlier this week. Only have about 1/10th of inventory on site. Working as fast as I can to get the rest up. I can take a photo of all that we have that would fit in 55 gallon tank and e-mail it to you to see if we have what you are looking for. Wood is from waters of the outer banks of North Carolina. My e-mail is [email protected].
Reese

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ordered from http://manzanita.com/ - I have yet to revieve my product as I just ordered.. But the guy was nice and he checked his stocks for me over the phone.. And his shipping was very reasonable. Nice quality pics of the pieces on the site etc.. I'll try to remember to re-post when I get the stuff in.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I just use Ebay.com to get my driftwood, There's a couple users on there selling really nice pieces of driftwood for good prices. The main person I get my pieces from is "tigerlilly58", and here's the last piece I bought from them. Only paid $21 and that includes shipping.

21"x5"x4"

·
Registered
762 Posts
I just ordered from http://manzanita.com/ - I have yet to revieve my product as I just ordered.. But the guy was nice and he checked his stocks for me over the phone.. And his shipping was very reasonable. Nice quality pics of the pieces on the site etc.. I'll try to remember to re-post when I get the stuff in.

^this

guy is nice and u can bargain with him. i think his name is rich? give them a call. they have very nice individual stumps with pics. so u know its the exactly the one ur getting. to me, they have the nicest stump piece i can find online without paying an arm and leg.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.