The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize if this is in the incorrect spot, I debated between here and aquascaping and WTB but ... yea. Anyways.

So I am looking to purchase just a small amount of driftwood. I believe I have decided on about a 5 gallon tank (considering the Fluval Spec. I was going to make my own aquarium however I live in sort of a remote area and locating cut glass has turned out to be difficult). So I do not need tons. As mentioned, I live kind of remote so I dont have an LFS anywhere near me. Closest one is probably 3-4 hours away, so not a distance I would go unless I knew for certain what was there and what I wanted to buy. So I would love to purchase some online. Does anyone know of any decent websites or dealers that sell small um...batches? not the correct word but for the lack of a better one... small batches of driftwood. Preferably manzanita?

Any guidance in a good direction would be greatly appreciated.

·
Children Boogie
16,743 Posts
You can also go hunting for wood. Look for fallen trees with roots exposed. The roots look good. Bring a hack-saw along or a battery powered saw.

Any lfs sell wood for small tanks. Buying wood online is rather expensive plus the shipping.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
There are quite a few options online; and in my experience all are far cheaper than buying from a local store (even when considering the added cost of shipping).

I've purchased a few "batches" from Tom Barr as suggested by others. Not sure how often he frequents this site. The only way I've been able to reach him is over at his forum: Forums - Aquarium Plants - Barr Report'

There is also:http://www.manzanita-driftwood.com/

and

Manzanita Branches from Blooms and Branches 10" to 7 ft

And also as suggested by others, there are often members on this very site selling pieces quite often.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.