The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering getting a very large fish tank, something like 180 gallons. Most fish shops i have visited don't have any that size, but when they do they are very expensive and only glass.

I was considering acrylic. I know they cost much more, but I like their cleaner look with the rounded corners and without visible rims.

Is there somewhere online I can order good quality large sized acrylic (or glass if its a good deal) aquariums. I'm not familiar with tank making companies. I don't want to spend more than $900-1000 on the tank if possible.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Many LFS have connections with local tank manufacturers. I would call them up and ask for estimates before you start thinking of ordering farther away (keeping shipping in mind).

·
Premium Member
3,074 Posts
you got a big truck?

call aquatraders, they are the wholesaler for big fish tank in bay area(they don't sell fish tank online, pick up in store only), in San Bruno, I bought mine 168G with stand, 216watt T5 HO light fixture, return pump and pipe, bulkhead for $850, their store open 3 days a week though, make sure you give them a call to find out what size fish tank they have.
all tanks are glass and most of the big fish tank are drilled with overflow to work with sump, perfect for big fish tank.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am having a custom tank being made by Reefsavvy, they are out in Florida. Try giving Felix a call and see. The only thing is time...hopefully mines should be done soon. Then I have to ship to HAWAII...!!! LOL...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am having a custom tank being made by Reefsavvy, they are out in Florida. Try giving Felix a call and see. The only thing is time...hopefully mines should be done soon. Then I have to ship to HAWAII...!!! LOL...
+1 mine is from Reefsavvy his tanks are immaculate and Felix is nothing but a pleasure to work with. Fortunately when i bought it i was living a few blocks away from his warehouse and he was still pretty new to the game so i had very little wait time.

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
TruVu makes acrylic tanks in larger sizes. Here is your 180g :) The company has been around for a while, my 75g by them is over 13 years old now and is still looking good. See if you can order through your LFS as they usually get a discount.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
When you get to larger tank sizes, glass typically gets more expensive. Remember you get what you pay for when it comes to tanks. I've heard of those aquatraders tanks failing on people. There is a custom builder in Sac by the name of Keith Grandt. Google his name and a bunch of info will pop up. Semi-locally for acrylic there is Tru-vu and Kritter. They are both pretty pricey. Besides that for glass you may want to look at Le-mar, miracles in glass, and AGE. Le-mar and miracles in glass being less expensive but still more than you want to spend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.