The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: I am looking for the geisemann Megachrome 5500K double ended bulb in 70W. The only places I can find it are international, and they will not ship to the U.S..

Any Ideas?>

Thanks

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
oh, I should have specified i need a double ended HQI bulb.
I know, I looked, but if you can't find this MH bulb or another Mh bulb that meets the Geisemann Megachrome spectrum then this one might be a suitable option because it will have closely matching spectrum characteristics.

Just a breif look seems to tell me the Geisemann Megachrome bulb is one of a kind. You might have to rethink the lighting.

·
Registered
287 Posts

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
I seen a lot of people using the fishneedit lights and I thought the price was great, the bulbs came in 6,700 & 8k for the planted aquarium, but some of their items are out of stock as well with these good prices.

I was asking about the geisemann bulbs as today was the first time I'd ever heard any mention and after a little research I found they seem to care about spectrum and claim their bulbs do better in tanks with greater depth, but others seem to think it's just hype for over priced bulbs and fixtures.

I do tend to like companies that have a little knowledge of what they are selling, this seems to be the only hobby where the manufacturer doesn't have a clue about their own products.

Seems like suppliers don't carry much in the lower wattage bulbs and more in the 150w and up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.