The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where should the co2 inline diffuser be placed? Is it better to place it right at the start of the outlet tubing at the bottom of the tank from the filter or at the end towards the lily pipe? Do let me know your thoughts as i am soon about to buy an inline diffuser, which do u think is best?
Perfk Aquarium CO2 Diffuser Carbon Dioxide Atomizer 16mm +Bubble Counter | Lazada
or
Perfk Aquarium CO2 Diffuser Carbon Dioxide Atomizer 16mm CO2 Diffuser | Lazada
or
Perfk Sebaris Co2 Atomiser Penyebar Kaunter Gelembung Akuarium untuk Paip Air 16Mm | Lazada

·
Registered
404 Posts
I don't know where the best place to put it, but mine is just after the filter outlet.

·
Registered
17 Posts
A few inches from the canister filter return line seems to be the popular place. I have mine around 6" from the filter in the return line. Seems to work pretty well.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mine is 4 inches after the canister outlet. I had it on the inlet first but found it was causing gas buildup in the filter. Theoretical the closer to the canister the better as the extra time the gas spends in the water the more it will dissolve into the water but I don't know how much of a difference that will make in real life.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I decided to not buy an inline diffuser as i got a twinstar in tank diffuser and it does wayy much better than my previous in tank diffuser. Not sure how long it'll last though

·
Registered
76 Posts
I decided to not buy an inline diffuser as i got a twinstar in tank diffuser and it does wayy much better than my previous in tank diffuser. Not sure how long it'll last though
I had an in-tank diffuser at first. But it made my water look like soda water with all the bubbles. I switched over to inline and the water now is completely transculent.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had an in-tank diffuser at first. But it made my water look like soda water with all the bubbles. I switched over to inline and the water now is completely transculent.
i personally dont mind the soda water at all, but from what i see, all the cheap affordable inline diffusers in my country still produce a fine mist kind of bubbles

·
Registered
76 Posts
i personally dont mind the soda water at all, but from what i see, all the cheap affordable inline diffusers in my country still produce a fine mist kind of bubbles
I got GLA diffusers both times and the inline one is running for close to 7 years now. Can you get the gla where you live?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts