The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once upon a time, someone told me that my empty 180g 2'x2'x6' should have three 2217s. And so I managed to get three of them and now I'm trying to figure out what is the best way to hook them up.

If I had two of these beasts, I would simply cross the intakes and outtakes on the two canisters on opposite sides of the tank. But for three, I'm kind of stumped. Any suggestions?

A little bit of background: the only tank I have up and running right now a 15g with platies and a bunch of plastic plants.

Amy

·
Registered
600 Posts
put the intakes in the center with one spray bar near the substright pointed to the front and up- inline co2 on this one. the other spray bars on the ends of the tank pointed down towards the substright.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
put the intakes in the center with one spray bar near the substright pointed to the front and up- inline co2 on this one. the other spray bars on the ends of the tank pointed down towards the substright.
For the spraybars on the ends, would it better to have them point straight down? Towards the center of the tank? Towards the opposite ends of the tank?

Canisters are a completely new thing to me, so I appreciate all the tips you can provide....

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Straight down will cause turbulent, disorderly flow. Angle them down 45 degrees or so. They don't have to be mounted on the side, spraying towards the center of the tank. Just hand them on the back, it will look better. With the intakes in the center, water will flow from each end to the center.

Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts